Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Anticipating a decade

Almost 10 years ago, I married this man.
I have never regretted it.



To celebrate the anticipated occasion, we took to NYC sans kids. (Thanks again G & G Rader!) This was my first trip to the Big Apple and she was everything I dreamed she would be.

We roamed together exploring the vastness of the city hand in hand, collapsing into bed each night with sore feet. AJ navigated with the expertise of a native New Yorker....I just followed his lead, taking it all in. Bliss.

Highlights:
1. Sleeping in. And then laying in bed until we felt like getting up!

2. Central Park. It was by far my favorite site. We woke on Sat, grabbed a coffee and walked the 7 blocks or so to the south edge of the park and joined New Yorkers for a late morning jog, follow by breakfast at this Belgium cafe. Yum.

3. The neighborhoods. Greenich, Soho, East Village especially.

4. The food. Wow. Places like this, this, and this. Oh, and Chelsea Market was delightful too!

5. Theatre. Although I never guessed my first NY Broadway show would be American Idiot. I had my hopes on Jersey Boys, but half price tickets didnt serve it up, so the idiot was our show. And I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it actually.
Then we saw A Perfect Crime, Broadway's longest standing play.

6. Worshiping at Redeemer NY and hearing Tim Keller preach on Sunday.

7. Having no particular agenda, except to enjoy each other and explore.

Of course there were a slew of other things we did....but too many to mention.
So thankful for the time of renewal and relaxation.
So thankful for 10 years.
Im ready for more.


Posted by Picasa
A good marriage is the union of two forgivers.
Ruth Graham

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh Jen, this made me teary :) The quote at the ends is beautiful. This June will mark our 10 year Anniversary too. These pictures are fantastic. Looks like a wonderful trip.

Carissa said...

Looks like soo much fun! I'm so glad you guys got to do that!

Beth said...

Hooray for ten years! A getaway trip now and again can be so rejuvenating. Great photos and glad you had such a good time.

AJ said...

I love you Jen.

Tara said...

Looks like such a great time away together. alone and uninterrupted! great photos of your time!