The Raders haven't fallen off the planet....but boy has life been full. Luci's lunchtime prayer is testimony to God's goodness in the midst of crazy schedules and unexpected events. He is good!
(And I never want to forget her sweet little squeaky 3 year old voice!)
AJ and I coordinate our schedules with the help of Google calendar, and for months I've looked at March and have dreaded it. Between two work trips and other things going on, its a very full month. We're only a couple of days into AJ's first work trip and its already been a bit nuts. A flooded basement, sick kids, and very little sleep have surely brought discouraging moments.
But we are cared for in amazing ways. The Lord has whispered encouragement to me through His word, and has provided tangible provision through our community.
Even in my freak out moments, I try to remember,
IN CHRIST, I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED.
My friend Tina reminded me today of the verse in Acts that says,
"In Him we live and move and have our being" Acts 17:28
My very being is secure in Christ. I have all I need.
In other news, Im reading this book, and have been purging and reorganizing our abode. Its a very slow process, especially given the previously mentioned insanity. But the book is good (so good I want to buy it, not just renew it from the library.). She discusses intentional living, starting with a mission statement. Decisions about how to live, what you need, schedules, etc...flow from the mission statement. It also has really practical lists and even cleaning schedules to get you started. Im inspired!
(Although I will say that by the time I really get the hang of this homemaking thing, my kids will have already flown the coop!
Oh well....)
Hope you are well. If you're reading this, you're someone I love, and I'm thankful for you.
And I also think you are very patient with my unbelievably inconsistent blogging!
3 comments:
This is so encouraging! Thank you :)
That book has been on my list to read! Sounds like it's been helpful, can't wait to get to it myself.
oh, and that video is precious.... :)
Post a Comment