Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I dusted it off



Someone recently asked me to post some of my sewing projects on the blog...I told her with shame and pain in my voice that I hadnt entered my sewing room in months. Sure, I have lots of unfinished projects around my house, not to mention curtains that have hung un-hemmed for 3 years in my front window. But there always seems to be something more pressing I need to get done (like laundry). But this past Saturday I used the rainy day to dust off my machine and do a few fun and quick projects, just to remind myself how much I love to sew and create. I made 6 baby gifts for a church shower we had on Sunday. The deadline certainly helps:) The above is a little apron I made for a 12 month old, and the onesies were for younger kiddos. There were two other guitar applliques too...
It was the catalyst I needed.
Now, Im not going to complain about all the good weather this week, but I sure look forward
to the next rainy day. My fabric is calling my name...

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your recent projects! The onesies are too cute- hopefully your machine will stay cleared off for the next baby celebration (hint, hint).

Tricia said...

So fun. My fabric is calling my name too (though in a much quieter voice since I have much less of it :) ). You have some fun fabrics. I love the onesies.

T said...

I'm so grateful to be the fortunate gift-receiver of the adorable apron! Sohee will look lovely in it, of course. Thanks for a great morning--hope you and the kiddos are resting well!

Anne A. said...

I love these! They're amazing!