Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ive been 31 for 5 days now

We're finally well around here, thank God. Now I just need about 30 hours of continuous sleep to catch up. The last couple of weeks have been trying to say the least, and on Wednesday of last week, I was at an all-time low, after losing two full nights of sleep. It just happened to be my birthday. Sleep deprivation was not that special gift I had asked for, but finding myself so vulnerable did actually turn out to be a gift of sorts. Im just now realizing it.

The gift came in the form of reminders. For example, when my nerves couldnt take another toddler tantrum or whine, my friend Shannon offered to take Jonas for an entire day. I was reminded of the great friends in my life. And when I showed up at our community group with soaking wet hair and tears in my eyes, I was reminded what community in the body of Christ is all about- unconditional love and acceptance. When I finally admitted that I needed help, my mother-in-law showed up at my door, ready to help with the kids- I was reminded of what an amazing family I have. Even Becky offered to make a 7 hour drive just to lighten my load some!
And when I finally had time to sleep and could not (insomnia, again) I was given the gift of solace from a couple of friends who actually know what its like. They also steered me to Calm's Forte which actually helped me find some rest.

So my 31st year started out horrible, but there is much to be thankful for. God is good.

No comments: