Thursday, August 2, 2007

We started out all smiles...

If you're reading this post, I thank you for not giving up on us! I cant believe its been over two weeks since I last blogged. Sorry. I guess we're having too much summer fun!

I had to laugh as I downloaded the above picture...the kids look so cute and happy...and they were, for 15 minutes. We headed out for a maiden voyage in the new jogging stroller I was so excited to get (thanks again Ebay!). After nursing Luci, getting Jonas a snack, loading all the kid necessities into the back, we headed out for what I hoped would be a fun outing. I intended to take a long walk, hitting the library and playground before coming home. It started out well and I was so happy as I pushed both my kids with the ease of an aluminum frame and oversized wheels. I had been carrying Luci in the sling while I push Jonas, but with the 90 degree weather, its just too hot. But Luci didnt nap in the stroller like I had hoped and started to wail shortly after we left and at the farthest point from our house, of course. I tried to soothe her and put her back in the seat, but she wouldnt have it. So I carried her over a mile while pushing Jonas who was constantly asking for a snack, drink, or song. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

At least I have a cute picture...

No comments: