Now that summer is in full swing, our Saturday produce delivery from farmer Levi is getting bigger and better. In the last few weeks we've gotten Swiss chard, kale and other lettuces, all sorts of herbs, cucumbers, peppers, garlic, squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, fennel, cabbage, eggplant, and even a kohlrabi (which I have to admit, I was not familiar with). I've gotten a lot of use out of "The visual food encyclopediaWe've been experimenting with new recipes and trying to use it all, but last week I had to throw some of the produce away, which was quite sad. Im hoping to do better this week. Here's whats on the menu:
Gazpacho (haven't made it in years and we LOVE it in the summer...good way to use cucumbers!)
Gingered greens with tofu over coconut rice (a favorite from the Moosewoods Cooks at Home)
Fattoush salad (a Lebanese dish thats really easy and great with hummus)
Baked zucchini with chedder (new dish idea from Mom Rader)
Zucchini bread
Still thinking about how to use all the cabbage, so if you have a great idea, send it my way. Most cabbage recipes are better for winter dishes I think...
1 comment:
You could make kimchi with the cabbage. I've never made it, but I hear it's good and good for you. Here's a link about how to make it: http://greenfertility.blogspot.com/2007/02/kimchi-instructions.html
Or cole slaw or cabbage rolls.
Oh and by the way, I love all the pictures of Luci (and Jonas :) ). I don't think you're being obsessive at all. It's good to see someone taking lots of pictures of their second born.
Post a Comment