Thursday, August 2, 2007

How could it be happening so fast?!



I starting to freak out about how quickly the kids are growing. Several days ago when I put Lucille down to sleep (yes, on her belly) she propped herself right up onto her elbows and just started looking around, so proud of herself. I was horrifed. "Wait a second, you arent suppose to do that yet, you're just a newborn!" Then, to make matters worse, she rolled over onto her back, again smiling. I could feel the tears coming at that point. Last week we found out she was starting to teeth, and now this?! How could it be that this child that was in my womb only 3 months ago is growing so fast? I should be happy to see her making these developmental milestones with such confindence, but all I can do is sigh. I dont want her to grow up fast. I want to sleep with her on my belly for much much longer. I look at Jonas and remember that just the other day he started walking. Now his favorite sentence is, " I want mine do it!" (Translation: I want to myself!)

I'm trying to remind myself how sweet these days are, so that I cheerish them more. In the chaos of getting far too little sleep, managing the time-outs, staying on top of the laundry, and diapers...one day slides quickly into the next. But my children are going to grow much faster than I would like. Im going to look back at these years and not remember how tired I was or how messy our house was. I'll remember how special it was to be with my children day in and day out, watching them mature into really cool people.

Im off to embrace today....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: