Friday, February 8, 2013

Quatro

 For all four of my faithful blog readers, Im tempted to start this post with an apology.
I've neglected our family blog for many many months.
But, I promise, I will not give up...and will do my best to keep this thing alive!

As for my absence, I can attest that it is in part the result of the this beauty taking up residence in
my womb these past (almost) six months.
Here she is at 9 weeks:
And again at 22 weeks.

And yes, I said SHE. (I have another ultrasound shot to prove it.)

This finding out the gender stuff is new to us. We were motivated by our lovely daughter who wants a sister more than almost anything. We gifted her with an extra 20 weeks of pure delight knowing thats exactly what the Lord has given. We're all pretty darn excited to meet her. And for the record, most of us were asking for a girl. Jonas, so that teams would be even. Mama, so that 1) her Luci would have her heart's desire and 2) to make bedroom logistics easier. Elliott, well, he goes back and forth. And Dada....well, that man is easy to please. He would have smiled either way.

There is much more to update you on of course, but since Im over half way through my pregnancy,
I thought this was a good start:)

7 comments:

Estle said...

Ahhhhh Jen!! I am so excited for you...and I can't wait to see my little great neice!

Sarah Partain said...

Yay!!! And, I love your blog!!

Marc and Allison said...

Can't wait to meet her!!! And is she sucking her thumb?

Jen said...

Allison, yep she is! I guess both my girls are thumb suckers. Luci was thrilled by this....and I remember her putting hers in her mouth minutes after exiting the womb:)

Ruth@GraceLaced said...

I had to come check out what you've been up to...and boy (or girl!), it's such big news. Congrats, friend. I've missed you...and am thankful to see you doing well.

Jen said...

Ruth, thank you for checking in. Boy, these past six months have been crazy...blogging has not been a priority. But I hope to enter a season of doing it more faithfully again! Hugs!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!! I thought I noticed a little baby bump when you popped in this week, but never want to ask - just in case... :) So happy for you and your family! :)