Friday, April 29, 2011

Luci Joy turns FOUR!

Luci at four:
Delightful.

(We had a birthday dinner and cake with our small group)

She calls me Mama and dances around the room pretending to be a princess...
And then in a moment she has sword in hand and is engaging in warfare with her brothers.
She loves all things pink, but never misses the chance to play in the mud.
She's the daughter I never knew I wanted.
And I cant fathom life without.

Though she willingly lived in a tractor room with her brother for several years, we gave her a pretty "girl" room for her birthday. The anticipation was almost too much by the time we revealed it to her on her birthday morning. After many late nights in the secret room, daddy and I pulled off turning a mostly brown room into her pink haven....


We did the room with things we had or could borrow...only spending money on the bedspread, which she picked out at IKEA and a closet organizer. Grampie and Gramie are bringing her an antique bed when they visit next, so for now, boxspring and mattress on the floor. The quilt was my grandparents and the frames were ones that Grammie had used in a wall display years ago.
When Luci saw them she said, "Hey, nobody put any paintings in those!" We're going to let her pick out some favorite photos to put in a few of them....



Oh, I did buy these prints from a local artist....they are so sweet, I couldn't resist them....


G & G gave contributed the canopy. When she laid down she declared that it was like being in a castle like a princess....

Posted by Picasa
The above picture pretty much captures how she felt about it:)



2 comments:

Kathy said...

How adorable. I love the photos, and you're right- Luci looks thrilled... like a princess lounging on her bed. :) You're such a good mama.

Steve said...

Jen,
How adorable the room turned out!
Becky and I are so sad we missed our dear Lucie's b'day party. I think it was the first we haven't attended.
[what's a party without the bald guy?!]
Love,
Daddyo