Yesterday was my birthday. AJ and I celebrated on Friday night with a date to
Goose Market for a wine/appetizer tasting....and dinner out at Saffron Cafe. MMMmmmm.
It was a great night aside from my falling on the treacherous ice as soon as we got out
of the car at Goose, and then falling again leaving Saffron. Sheesh.
And then again while shopping on Saturday.
And then again walking from the parking lot to church on Sunday.
Who falls that much? No one.
Me.
Oh well.
So I've got some bruises now, and my pelvis feels like it did after I pushed a
9lb baby out (the first time), but I promise, it was a good weekend.
I mean, take a look at my cake. Extreme indulgence. (Check my other blog for the recipe.)
So I've been thinking about who I am and who I want to become, because birthdays
are perfect times to do that sort of thing. And this verse that I've been mulling over
the past week sums it up.
"Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will
grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow
with thanksgiving for all He has done.
Colossians 2:7
I dont want to be the tree that falls over with every wind that comes, branches breaking
off in the storm. May I be rooted in such a way that I could simply sway in the wind, and
hold fast in the storm. Because storms come. I have the bruises to prove it.
Goose Market for a wine/appetizer tasting....and dinner out at Saffron Cafe. MMMmmmm.
It was a great night aside from my falling on the treacherous ice as soon as we got out
of the car at Goose, and then falling again leaving Saffron. Sheesh.
And then again while shopping on Saturday.
And then again walking from the parking lot to church on Sunday.
Who falls that much? No one.
Me.
Oh well.
So I've got some bruises now, and my pelvis feels like it did after I pushed a
9lb baby out (the first time), but I promise, it was a good weekend.
I mean, take a look at my cake. Extreme indulgence. (Check my other blog for the recipe.)
So I've been thinking about who I am and who I want to become, because birthdays
are perfect times to do that sort of thing. And this verse that I've been mulling over
the past week sums it up.
"Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will
grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow
with thanksgiving for all He has done.
Colossians 2:7
I dont want to be the tree that falls over with every wind that comes, branches breaking
off in the storm. May I be rooted in such a way that I could simply sway in the wind, and
hold fast in the storm. Because storms come. I have the bruises to prove it.
No comments:
Post a Comment