Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long!
As we sang this classic hymn today, I cried a few tears, almost hearing the voices of my grandparents singing it with me. There are a few hymns that make me think of them, and this is one of them. A song sung by my grandparents for decades and by generations of christians before them. That is the beauty of hymns.
There is a great heritage of faith from which I have come.
And one day, I will sing with and worship again with my grandpa and grandma, enjoying the promises of which we now sing.
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long!
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long!
As we sang this classic hymn today, I cried a few tears, almost hearing the voices of my grandparents singing it with me. There are a few hymns that make me think of them, and this is one of them. A song sung by my grandparents for decades and by generations of christians before them. That is the beauty of hymns.
There is a great heritage of faith from which I have come.
And one day, I will sing with and worship again with my grandpa and grandma, enjoying the promises of which we now sing.
1 comment:
This one totally makes me think of (and miss) my grandpa too. Holding his hand in church and listening to him sing this as well as How Great Thou Art which was his favorite...what a blessing these memories are to us.
Post a Comment