Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Looking at life through a new lens

Posted by Picasa
Yesterday was rough. The ball of cuteness above has been teething the last couple of months, and I've been awake a lot at night. My exhaustion caught up with me and lets just say I didnt win any parenting (or marriage) awards yesterday. Everything seemed blurry and distorted...my perspective on everything a bit off. AJ encouraged me to let E "cry it out" during the night, to break him of the waking habit....and work towards the rest I need. I made all sorts of excuses for why I couldnt do it, but in the end, I admitted he was right. Lets face it, he doesnt need to eat at night (just look at those rolls...), and my family needs me to be sane and loving. I decided to try it, for the team. You would think the third time around I wouldnt be so worried about not running to my baby at night...but with every kid, I turn out to be a night time wimp.

So, after nursing him to sleep I cranked the fan next to my bed on high and hoped for the best.

12 hours later I woke to a smiling, well rested child.
(And a soaked shirt.)


And speaking of looking through a new lens...some of you have asked about my new camera.
Its a Nikon D5000. AJ got a refurbished model and used Ebates to get one awesome deal!
Im having so much fun experimenting with it. In fact, this weekend Im heading to a photography workshop led by my amazing friend Kiera (of Kiera Photo). She tells me there is one more spot for the workshop if you are in Indy and interested! Join me! Click here for more info....




3 comments:

Tricia said...

Have fun at the workshop. I'd really like to go to one, but we're still up in the air on what we're doing this Saturday.

Glad you are all well-rested. Don't call yourself a night time wimp, though. I think it's part of our natural mothering instincts to go to our children at night when they are crying. I remember those months of nights with Ally and I'm sure I'll have many more nights to come. I am glad it all worked out for you guys and that Elliott ended up being happy in the morning.

Jessi said...

I am so excited for you and your D5000 :) I would have loved to go to Kiera's workshop but we have a birthday party that day and Evan will NOT take a bottle anyway...sigh. Maybe next time...

Jessi said...

I meant to also say that you will have so much fun and learn so much and YAY!