Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good nutrition you just can't BEET

Posted by Picasa
Pureed beets....mmmmmm!
He still favors mommy milk, but he's starting to get the hang of food with a spoon.
Its weird that for the first time since he was a few cells in my womb, he's getting nutrition from something other than me. I'm reminded over and over again how amazing breast milk is...
As you know, Im pretty picky about what I feed my peeps over here. Not that we eat perfectly. We have our share of fishy crackers and chicken nuggets. But when they start out with a food as perfect as breastmilk, Im motivated to continue to give them nourishing foods as best I can. Im re-reading Real Food: What to eat and why, by Nina Planck. If you havent read it, you should. It just might change the way you think about food...for the better.

No comments: