Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Elliott at one month

I realized that Elliott was one month old on Sunday! Wow. Its been one crazy, joyful, tiring, blurr!

How are we doing one month in? The kids are IN LOVE with him. Both of them are often on top of me while I nurse, cooing at him, and kissing him. Luci, who was very emotional after his birth, seems to be better. She doesnt cry at the drop of a hat lately, and we're doing better at finding things to occupy her while I nurse and tend to the baby. Jonas has been really helpful for the most part, getting me things I need and being patient when I cant help him right away. There are some tense moments, I wont lie, when Im nursing and the kids are arguing over something I cant see, or Jonas decides to discipline his sister (s0 helpful of him!).

As for mommy (and thanks to so many of you who are regularly checking in), Im doing pretty well. I think we're starting to find a rhythm. As long as I get closer to 6 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, that is. When I drop below that for a few days, I find the tears come more easily:) AJ has been awesome, helping out around the house and letting me catch naps when I can or taking Elliott if he's wide awake in the middle of the night. Having this little guy around keeps us busy, but as it was with the other two, we cant imagine it any other way...we just love him here with us. Im so thankful for him....Im also thankful for thick undereye makeup!

Enjoy a few more recent pics of the handsome guy...
Posted by Picasa
Here's little video (at my dad's request) of Elliott watching his mobile a couple of weeks ago. Hold tight, its a thriller:)

2 comments:

designHER Momma said...

he is so cute - I really need to hold him in person, soon.

Steve said...

Dear Jen,
Thanks for the pics of baby Elliot.Also the video. Not sure what happened at the end that made him cry? But he's surely a keeper!
Could it be that he actually looks more like the Estle side of the family? That would help explain his outstanding appearance!
Love,
Daddyo