Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Belly Shots!

So last weekend we had some fun celebrating the belly...since we dont know how much
longer it will be around! On Friday my amazingly talented friend Kiera came over and took professional pictures of me at full term (well, 38 weeks..close enough!). The kids, who were ready for a nap and so excited to be heading to G&G Raders in minutes, did NOT co-operate too well. In fact, I think they were sprouting little horns during the shoot. But oh well. Somehow, she still captured some great moments and was all to forgiving of the rascals making things difficult...I mean interesting. Check out a few pictures on Kiera's blog...(go to "and boy makes 3").

Afterward, AJ took the kids to Bremen for 24 hours. What a gift!
A few close friends gathered that evening to enjoy "mamma time" with henna, pedicures, good conversation, and of course, good food. I really needed that time before I enter what I call the "cave" of having a newborn. Kiera also took pictures of Shannon's henna work...posts to come!
To top it off, the next day I traveled down to Franklin, IN with my friend Emily to check out a new fabric shoppe called, Clementines Dry Goods. GREAT store! Having no kids or real time restraints, we also ventured into a great antique store down there and got a few goodies.

I missed my hubby and kiddos, but sure felt refreshed when they returned. I was so thankful to have that special window of time before this kid arrives.

And speaking of which....Im due next Thursday Sept 3rd...so we'll keep you posted!

Everyone keeps saying, "Im sure you're ready to get this kids out!"
Honestly, not really.
While I cant wait to meet him, Im enjoying these last moments of unknown, feeling him moving in my belly, watching it jump with hiccups. I know how exciting it will be to hold my newborn, nurse him, see his face, but Im lingering in this moment now. Every moment is a gift.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Beautiful pictures!

What a wonderful husband you have!

And, do you know you're having a boy?

Joanne said...

Those pictures are so beautiful - you look great!

designHER Momma said...

the pictures are so awesome! I had a fantastic time shopping with you - we must do it more often!