Good news all around on belly baby!
First, I passed the glucose screening test for the first time! Woo hoo! I usually fail it by a little and then have to endure the horrible 3 hour screen, which I passed with both J and L. Thankfully, this time around I can skip that, and continue on eating a daily serving of ice cream (which I am enjoying while I blog:) ).
Secondly, I had a follow-up ultrasound with the Maternal fetal medicine doctor today. Our baby measure 3 lbs. 10 oz., which they said was right on target for 31 weeks. The kidney showed no further enlargement, and this time the ureter was not dilated, which is an improvement from last time! Praise! The AFI (amniotic fluid level) was in normal range, which means the bladder is emptying normally...also a good sign. Baby is head down and in the same position its been in all along. Im having quite a bit of pelvic pain (ugh), but Im hoping that it pays off when I go into labor and that kid is already really far down in the birth canal. Its been hard to keep up with exercising, but swimming laps has been wonderful and really helps take the pressure off!
We meet with the pediatric urologist on Monday and will discuss with him the possible courses of action after birth for the hydronephrosis. I guess he is a world-reknown doc in his specialty, so I feel thankful to be in good hands.
We are thankful for the prayers on our behalf, and on the behalf of our baby! Now you can pray that we can come up with a name in the next 8 weeks or so......we're not even close!
Back to my ice cream....
2 comments:
Thanks to you, I will now be going to eat some ice cream while I wait for Nate to help me with some gardening stuff before it gets too dark. And I don't have the excuse of being pregnant.
So glad everything is going so well.
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well. We can't wait to meet this little one when he/she arrives. Oh, and I totally did the ice cream thing when I was pregnant with Cole, too. Oh, the things you can indulge in when you're pregnant!!! =) Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment