Sunday, March 8, 2009

There's nothing normal about us


But Im ok with that.

This picture summarizes our trip to Gramie and Grampies last week.
AJ left us for a conference in Boston, so the kids and I broke in the
new mini-van with a trip north. We were happy to see the beautiful
white snow, but not so happy about the -4 degree whipping wind.
Nonetheless, we were happy to just hibernate inside, wrestling with
Grampie, swimming in the jet tub, watching movies, and generally
having no agenda.

On the way home, we stopped in Holland to visit our friends the Laburns.
The five kids together created a certain amount of chaos, but has so
much fun doing it. Meri and I cherished brief moments to catch up too.

Sadly, our trip ended with me attending the funeral of a dear friend's mother.
The blessing in it, was an unexpected reunion with friends.

And the mini-van....I have to admit, I really love it.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

What kind of minivan did you get? What brand, I mean?

Kone said...

It's okay to love your mini-van, Jen. But you're not supposed to ADMIT to it!

Kone said...

And P.S. I love that picture. That's a framer.

Carissa said...

I want a picture of the van!!

Sandy said...

Had a good chuckle over the picture of your dad and the kids. Becky is the only sane one in the bunch. I am glad you had such a fun time in Mich. As for me I would have rather gone some place warm and without snow. Mom Rader

Cara said...

I love our minivan. I know it's not as macha as my pickup or hip as my beetle, but it's my favorite vehicle thus far.