Saturday, January 3, 2009

Many are my plans

So its the time of year to lay out resolutions. Resolves to lose weight, get in shape, be better people, give more, take less. I've been thinking about these sort of resolves. I thought about those that Ive made in the past, where I've failed to follow through, where I've inched my way toward goals that were admirable, at least to some. Like most everyone else, I want to be better....at least a better version of myself. I want to be refined, re-worked, sanctified, as they say. Its a process worth giving myself to. But as I shared a few of my goals with a friend the other day, she gently reminded me with the wisdom of Proverbs:

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (19:21)

Ah yes. In all my planning, may I hear the voice of my creator and give in, when there is call to give in. Even if I hadnt resolved to do so.

1 comment: