Monday, January 12, 2009

Man of the house

Saturday marked AJ's 35th year of life, which we started celebrating on Friday.
We made him the traditional "birthday crown, an ice cream pie per his request,
and showered him with kisses and a couple of gifts. Jonas drew a card for him and I
translated the inside which said:

"Dear Daddy,
I like it when you play baseball with me. I love you."

Of course he forgot to mention a few other things we love about daddy like
his willingness wrestle or play games at any moment, the stories he makes
up before bed, and his awesome rhythm-less dance moves.

Saturday, without complaining, he actually helped me clean the basement....
on his birthday! Poor guy. But I made up for it by taking him out for dinner
with friends that night. We had a great time at Zing. Lots of eating, drinking,
and laughing.

To say I am grateful for this man is an extreme understatement. He loves and
serves our family well. Hardly ever complains about how early the kids get up
(I do!) or how many loads of laundry he has folded. He is kind and generous, quick to listen and slow to speak.
And wise. I would make him an ice cream pie every day if he asked. I really would.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karen Boyer said...

We agree with you Jen! Happy Birthday AJ!
35 looks good on you
love, the Boyers

Cara said...

Thats the best commendation (thats not the word I really want, but as close as i can manage at the moment). Happy birthday AJ!

Cara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kone said...

I like that boy too. Though I'm not sure I'd make him an ice cream pie every day... Good thing I'm not his wife. Happy Birthday A.J!