Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Canon lost a customer

Today while the kids and I ate lunch, the FedEx guy came to the door with my camera. I was so excited I ripped the box open right there, popped the battery and memory card in, and pointed at Luci in her pigtails. The LCD screen said, "Lens error, restart camera". Ugh. After many restarts, still nothing. I teared up trying not to cry over something so obviously trivial.

I called Canon and although they stated in the paperwork that the camera had been returned to full working condition, I would have to send it back in for them to take a look. 2 more weeks. Ugh.
Now Im regretting paying the $100 for the repair, and wishing I had just purchased the Nikon I really wanted.

My thriftiness DO NOT pay off this time. Sorry Canon, I gave you a try, but you lost me.

3 comments:

Sarah Partain said...

ARGH!! I'm so sorry! What a huge bummer. I hope you are able to get the NIKON soon! :)

T said...

Cannon should have known better, really. Did you ask them for a refund of any type or to compensate you for your time/inconvenience?

From,
Tara, the Nikon owner

Cara said...

Arg is right! What a frustrating development. I've only had two digital camera's, both Nikons, and I'd still be using my first if I hadn't spilled water all over it and fried the workings. Did they even offer anything besides sending it back? If not, they are bums.

Cara, another Nikon owner.