Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome to our world

Here I am blogging without a new picture to share- something that rarely happens. Still no camera here. I sent our Canon in with the hopes that they send it back repaired. Im becoming anxious about missing days of my children's lives without photographic documentation. Im realizing the depth of my photo obsession.

But to distract me, Im trying my hand at Korean cooking. Im also an English tutor. Our new friend and student live-in Jaeyun has been really fun to have around. He eats breakfast and dinner with us, and we enjoy helping him with his english studies in the evenings. Im amazed with how many stupid things we say. "Jen, what does 'gonna' mean? And" pretty good...what do you mean pretty?"

Its very revealing to have a stranger living in your home, but its been so rewarding already. Jaeyun likes to sit in the kitchen and practice his english with my while I cook dinner. The other night he was sitting at the counter working while I cooked and his mother called from Korea on Skype. It was 6pm here, 7am in Korea. Jaeyun translated while his mom thanked me for being his American mother. I told her we were happy to have him stay with us, amazed that I was talking to someone in Korea through a computer while I cooked.

So, when I finally get my camera back, you'll ge to meet Jaeyun. I'll take a picture of him watching Word World with Jonas.

1 comment:

Karen Boyer said...

kboJen-
I love keeping up with you through your blog. I was thinking the other day how much I miss you and your family. I really enjoyed your post about your new roomate!
I wish that we could have a playdate! Could we figure out how to get together this year?
Love ya!-
Karen