As a follow-up to Friday's birthday blog and the potty-training issue. We mentioned that it seemed we sparked Jonas' attention when we told him that you have to be potty-trained to play on a soccer team. The very next day he asked to use the potty twice, but without successfully going. Then on Sunday while he was playing outside he starting banging on the door yelling, "Open the door! I have to go poopy on the potty!!!!". No success then either, but still, he seemed surprisingly motivated. Then today I forgot to take a diaper to the pool for him to wear home. We put his shorts on him with nothing underneath and told him not to go in them since he would get the carseat all messy. When we got home AJ stood him up to the potty and lo and behold, peeing success!!! As soon as he started to go, his eyes widened and he smirked...it was very cute. I almost cried for some reason, I was so proud. Of course we praised him all evening and he got a treat (even before dinner). Later on he called grandma Rader to tell her of his success:
"I stand up to the potty and hold on to my body and went pee!"
Its not global news, but in our little world, its a big deal anyway!
2 comments:
Yay for Jonas! Hope you continue to have success.
hooray! when does soccer start?
Post a Comment