A few pictures of us enjoying summer....which has come already! This week reached temps of mid to high 80's. It was weird to turn the air on in May, but the kids are enjoying all the new summer things to do, and we are too. Yesterday AJ worked on painting the fascia on the house all day, so I dragged out the little pool for the yard. Luci wasnt so sure about it, but Jonas was doing body-launches from several feet away. I think Luci was smart to keep her distance. She stayed close to me while I planted some flowers.
I love how the warm weather brings people outside to gather on porches, lawns, for BBQ's. In the last 2 weeks we've hosted a BBQ (community group) and attended 2 others. Every evening we walk and play outside, talk to our neighbors, or to the coffee shop for ice cream. Then after the kids are in bed we've enjoyed just sitting on the porch. My peonies are blooming, so I cut some for the porch table. They smell amazing and remind me of grandma Estle, who also loves them.
In other news, we decided against pushing Jonas to potty train. Although changing 2 sets of diapers is making me weary, we just dont think he's ready. We've encouraged him when we can to sit on the potty, but he gets REALLY upset when we force him too, and it doesnt seem worth the battle at this point. I am encouraged though that he is uncomfortable being in his messy diaper for any length of time. This is at least of step! As they say, no kid gets to high school in diapers....at some point he will do it. Until then, I change on.
AJ just took a cold drink out to the porch for me, so Im signing off for tonight!
4 comments:
I think you're right not to push the potty training, Jonas will be fine, and pushing it too hard will just be counter-productive. Just be enthusiastic if he shows interest. Arabella pretty much potty-trained herself, but we did help it along with chocolate cats cookies as incentive!
Jen-
I am really enjoying the pics of your kids. They are growing up so fast! I wish that we could see you for a visit sometime. We sure do miss you.
Love ya-
Karen
Ps-
We found waiting with the potty training with a boy is effective-when they are ready they do it quick (however, I hope this will be the case with Sam, too and that we won't be going to kindergarten in diapers :)
Love reading ANYthing you write. Missed you at the Y this morning, but hope you're feeling better! btw, I "tagged" you on my blog. Can't wait to see which 6 you'll pick :o)
Post a Comment