The kids are in bed and AJ is enjoying his Father's day gift early- a Death Cab for Cutie concert with friends. Im proud to say that for once in our marriage, I got him something he really likes. He's not an easy guy to buy for. So with a quiet house, (except for the sounds of the Innocence Mission singing, "Now the day is over") Im free to catch up on blogging.
The other day I was sharing with a friend some new products and websites Im enjoying, and she encouraged me to post them here...share the wealth a bit. The first few are things Ive discovered over the course of the last couple of months while trying to "detoxify" my life. We do a fairly good job of being cognizant of the things that we consume and use around the house, but there is room to grow. Finding products that are good for our bodies, the environment, and which are not overly expensive is a challenge. Its a journey of making small steps. Here are a few gems Ive stumbled upon.
Alima Cosmetics
To my cosmetologist sister's dismay, I have been using drugstore makeup for years, not wanting to pay more and not having any issues with my skin. But after reading up on what they put in make-up, it was enough to make me search for something better. What I found was Alima, and after 6 weeks, Im a believer in their home-grown Oregon company. Mineral make-up that is only a few pennies more than Walgreens brands and with none of the chemicals and carcinogens. It took some practice to switch to minerals, but after a couple of applications, I found it easy.
Aubrey Organics
This company makes all sorts of natural health and beauty products and they seem to lead the rest. Im trying out the lotions, but I'll let you know what I think later. Im planning on trying the sunscreen and hair care products at some point.
Wintree Laundry Detergent
Read about it and found that we could get it at our monthly Costco trip. Love it. The amount you have to use is minuscule, so the bottle will last a LONG time. Smells great, gets the clothes clean.
Natural Living for Women
A great web-site if you need to start your search for better products, particularly health products.
And these are other recent favorite things...I sound like Oprah now.
Pandora
Ok. Most of you probably know about this one, but just in case. AJ turned me on to Pandora a while back and Im addicted. Its a website which connects you to the Music Genome Project. You can make your own music stations and make them uniquely yours. And its free!
Plugged In
This one I recommend with caution....but I do use it from time to time, and Im sure I will more as our kids age. Its a Focus on the Family website that reviews current movies, music, and more. If Jonas picks out a movie from the library, I can check to see what its about, and decide if I want him seeing it.
Farm Fresh Delivery
A newer local company that delivers organic fruits and vegetables to your door! Its like Christmas every Thursday afternoon.
Time for tea and bed. Hope Ive introduced you to something new or useful....and if you have a favorite thing, of course I'd love you to share it with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment