Thursday, April 3, 2008

Score!


There hasnt been much to report around here lately, hence the lack of posts. We're recovered from the flood, enjoying the new carpet, and still dealing with some runny noses. Generally, life is good.

Today the kids and I headed over to Value World, after a friend informed me that there was a children's kitchenette for $7. If you know me, you know I love a good deal. Usually I find one or two great treasures during a thrifting stop, but today was golden. We walked out with some GREAT stuff, including the kitchenette, which had been marked down to $4! Jonas' favorite was a his first very own baseball mitt that he has been wearing since we got home.

My favorite find is this older model GE standing mixer. The mixer I got as a wedding gift broke awhile back, so I was happy to give this one a new home. It is in perfect condition and even came with bread kneaders! $12.

Im going to figure out something to mix....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Very cool, Jen! I rarely find anything at thrift shops. I think I'm going to the wrong ones!

I totally recommend this bread to make (http://simplyserina.wordpress.com/2007/12/08/oatmeal-bread/)
It's our current favorite. I make it and whatever we don't eat the first day, I slice up and freeze and then use for toast, grilled cheese, french toast, etc). It's so yummy.

Cara said...

playdough is a good thing to make in a standing mixer -- no food coloring all over the kitchen!

Kevin Flick said...

hi jen...i saw that you are reading the glass castle. i read that after hearing the author on npr. it is one of my favorite books. i thought it was so well written and i felt like i was living her life right along with her as i read. i was excited when i saw it listed on your page. i am reading a tree grows in brooklyn right now by betty smith right now. it's a great read too!
-mindy