Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I rose, and Im trying to shine...

I set my alarm for 6am this morning in an effort to get to the gym before the kids were up. As if 6am weren't early enough, at 5:50 Jonas started his pre-wake-up moaning from his room. Laying in bed I then heard Luci sucking away at her thumb, and waiting for me to feed her. AJ handed her to me, turned off the alarm, and I nestled in to nurse her and enjoy my last moments in bed. Just as I closed my eyes to relax I heard, "Mommy!!! Im poopy!!!" Ugh. Where was AJ? Could he not hear our toddler yelling? I finished feeding Lucille, put her back to bed, and headed into Jonas' room. I could smell why he was so upset. I changed he diaper and laid down with him to try to get him back to sleep. No cigar. He kept asking to sleep in our bed.
"But your bed is soooo comfortable and warm," I said.
"No, I want mommy-daddy bed!"
I used distraction at this point. "Want me to draw on your back?!"
"Yeah."
"Ok, what do you want me to draw?"
"Mommy-daddy's bed."
I gave up, got up, grabbed my gym bag and put daddy in charge. Thankfully, he had been downstairs having a quiet moment and was ready to deal with toddler insanity (if anyone is EVER ready for it).
Now its only mid-day and Im already ready for bed.
At least the kids are sleeping:)

No comments: