Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Trails...Mostly

Yesterday after church, we headed down to Brown County for some hiking and to enjoy the fall colors. It was a beautiful day, about 70 degrees, and the trees had much more dramatic colors than here in Indy. We hiked a couple of hours, taking Jonas in and out of the pack every so often when he wanted to hike himself. He really enjoys hiking, and his stamina is impressive for someone 3 feet tall. And hiking with him is fun because he notices things we might just walk right past. Little nuts and bugs, sticks, rocks, horse poop. He really liked the horse poop.

Luci enjoyed the view from my back, cooing and smiling until she was ready to sleep, when she started crying. I ended up carrying her in my arms for awhile which made her happy.

When I became a Hoosier a couple of years ago, I often complained of the lack of interesting topography here. Every time I did, the natives would say, "But have you been to Brown County?" And I have to admit, it is beautiful there, and so different from the flat terrain of the mid and northern sections of the state.


More pictures in the web album...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: