In some ways it is hard to believe that Luci was born a week ago today. With everyone successfully napping upstairs I thought it time to add a short update. We've been enjoying the past few days at home with the whole family: Jen, AJ, Jonas & Luci. G&G Estle have been staying with us to help hold their grand-daughter as well as entertain Jonas.
Overall I think both Jen and I are a bit shell-shocked, but in a different way than when Jonas was born. Many people told us that the transition from one kid to two was easier than the transition from none to one and I agree. This time there are no other big life changes looming on the horizon like an impending move or start of a new job. Additionally we have already noticed very pronounced differences between the personalities and temperaments of Jonas and Luci. Jonas, even from the start was always on the go, only cycling between eating, crying and sleeping. Luci is definitely much more laid back, to the point that in the wee hours of this morning we spent 1.5 hours just trying everything we could to rouse her from sleep to eat. But nothing worked, she even pooped without waking up. And so life with two kids begins...

2 comments:
Cute family photo! I love how she's zonked out there too. It goes well with the post.
We were in y'all's neighborhood this morning looking at a house that we think we will make an offer on. So we might be your neighbors (by a few blocks). I'll send Jen the specific address.
Enjoy continuing to get to know your little Luci.
I can't believe how much she looks like you, Jen!! Congratulations to both of you, and of course big brother Jonas!
Post a Comment