Sunday, April 29, 2007

IT'S A GIRL !!!


A sweet baby girl joined our family on April 28th at 7:17 PM. Lucille Joy weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 oz. and measured 21.5 inches long. I'll save the details of the labor story for Jen. Immediately we recognized the raspy first cries as similar to those Jonas had uttered 2 years ago. From the pictures you might notice that she resembles the first photos of her big bro, but her hands, mouth and feet are definitely more delicate and feminine. Mom & Baby are doing fine, enjoying the quiet hospital room for another night where no brothers or dogs can startle them. Thanks for all of your prayers.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Yay! I've been checking your blog each day to see if you had your baby yet. Congratulations on your new little girl. I see you picked a name. Are you going to call her Lucille or Lucy? Or both?

Kevin Flick said...

congratulations! she is beautiful!!! so glad that everyone is doing wonderful.

Marc and Allison said...

Congratulations to you all! What a beautiful little girl! We're looking forward to meeting her soon! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

WOW, big girl! She is beautiful!!
Good job sissy! She does look lot like Jonas. Hope everyone is doing well. Get some rest when you get home. I can't wait to put some lovin' on that baby when I see you guys. Give a kiss to the J. man for me~ Love you~ "jul"

Andy and Sarah Middlestead said...

Congrats from Andy, Sarah, and Elijah! Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

Herns said...

such GREAT news! thanks so much for emailing us the pic. glad you are all well. congratulations!