I am officially 32 weeks pregnant and am realizing how quickly the birth of our child is approaching. Looking over the calendar last night reminded me that we need to make of "Before the baby arrives TO DO list" soon!
The third trimester has been good to me so far. Gone are the migraine headaches and accompanying throwing up...thank you God. Im feeling energetic for the most part, and even cute sometimes (when I can find a shirt that will appropriately cover my girth!). Despite these praises , we have run into some bumps in the pregnancy road. I am still measuring about 4 weeks larger than I should (I'll post a picture of the belly soon), and at my last appt on Friday I had actually lost 4 lbs. Not good. I should be gaining. And, since Im eating just as much as I usually do, Im starting to worry about gestational diabetes. I took and failed the first screening test, which means I will have the 3 hour fasting test tomorrow. Ugh.
All of these unknowns serve to remind me that it is God and not me who is in control. He created this child and I have to trust its well being to Him, even now before he or she is in my arms. Its a lesson I dont really get used to, but one that parenthood keeps slapping me in the face with. I watch and wait, falling to my knees in the hopes of trusting just a little bit more.
No comments:
Post a Comment