Yesterday, our dear sister Ari went to be with Jesus. I believe she was ready, although none of us were. I can only imagine her there now, the crippled body she lived in only a distant memory. I imagine her dancing, with her purple shoes on, arms in the air, singing. Dance away Ari...
I don't imagine heaven often enough, but Ari kept the hope close, and talked of it often. She was so young, and yet so secure in the knowledge that this life is fleeting, only a moment, a speck. I wonder if God gave her special glimpses of heaven now and then, just to help her through. Reminders of the wonders she would enjoy soon enough. At times when she looked on as all the other kids ran around and did the things she couldn't do...perhaps heaven filled her thoughts at those times. I think so.
We miss you Ari, though we know you are faring better than any of us now. You are loved, and will be loved. We can't wait to dance with you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment