Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Into the next decade

Yesterday marked my 30th birthday. Snowed in as we were, I relished a day at home with AJ and Jonas. It was a lazy day, a good day to enjoy simple things- like a nap underneath a thick down comforter. The day was also marked by one particular joy. Late in the morning we received word that our friends welcomed a new son into the world. Ari Joseph Hammond. Im happy to share my day with him.

We actually did most of the birthday celebrating over the weekend. On Saturday AJ surprised me with a birthday party- about 30 friends filled our house with good food and conversation. Another surprise was the charge they had been given in their invitation. Each person brought 30 of something for me. 30 tea bags, 30 "reasons to be happy", 30 inches of socks, 30 push pins for sewing, bubble bath for 30 minutes of time to myself, a handmade bead with 30 dots on it, 30 pieces of chocolate, 30 handmade cards, 30 pieces of felt, 30 M & M's......... how fun! As I looked around at all the people who came, I was reminded of what great people we been surrounded by since moving to Indy. I am thankful.

No comments: