
Monday morning came, and without warning, I was discouraged and uninspired.
I woke before the kids to sneak in a moment of quiet, but before I could turn the coffee
on and sit in the Word, I was already fretting about what I needed to get done.
A full weekend provided little time for the weekly prep I typically try to do....meal planning, catching up the laundry, some deep cleaning and organization.
I looked at the sink full of dishes, the sticky counters, and my list of to-do's from days ago still waiting to be checked off. I remembered how behind I was on email and a few phone calls I still needed to return. I remembered that tonight is my shift at work, and that I promised AJ I would get Jonas to school this am, and that I still needed a sitter for the field trip on Friday.
How had I let all of this disorder sneak in and ruin a perfectly good Monday.
Thankfully, I was able to pour my coffee and get to the couch, suppressing the urge to start conquering the chaos before me. And by God's grace, my early risers stayed asleep another full 30 minutes, giving me time to tend to my heart.
"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." I Cor. 12:9
Oh right.
HIS power, not my own.
The grace that is sufficient for each moment calmed my mind and spirit and I was able to rest.
My house is still messy, the list is still long, but my soul is now believing that the day is
good, and the Lord will give all that I need and more.
(This post is a part of a new series by one of my favorite bloggers, Ruth. Check out the link each Monday for Grace-Laced encouragement!)
http://www.gracelaced.com/2012/01/08/grace-laced-mondays/
2 comments:
Your post sounds so much like mine! And I felt exactly the same way this morning. It's nice to pause and take that moment to reset on God's terms and not let all the madness control us for the rest of day (which I don't practice nearly enough).
Noelle
What is it about a messy house that can rob our joy. And how important it is to align our hearts to prioritize, worship, and take delight in, that which is worthy. So glad you are participating!
Post a Comment