Friday, October 21, 2011

Praying through the twos

Posted by Picasa
Today we had what I like to call, a "tough two" day.
Its hard being two some days....all that new found autonomy and no one
really wanting you to exert it. Today we had lots of "no!!!", discipline,
digging in of heels, being completely unmoved and non-compliant. The strength
of the will can be a scary thing to see as a parent...although my third time
around, I cant say Im surprised this time:)

As I rocked this sleepy baby to sleep tonight I prayed over him.....

Lord, take this strong-will and bend it to Yours.
May he take a strong stand in days to come, firm in his commitment to You and Your ways.
Help him to say "NO!" to the passions and temptations of this world, and may
he have sweet glimpses of the coming glory of heaven.
I pray that You would discipline him and direct his ways as his perfect loving Father.
May this child submit to You always, and find joy in being Yours.
Amen.



No comments: