Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions and such

I love the hopeful talk of January.
The resolutions, the reflection, the looking forward to a new year and new beginnings.
I secretly make resolutions every year, rarely sharing them for fear of failing.
I'm spending some good early morning time this week thinking that through, and praying that God would let my heart be open....even to failing.

As part of new beginnings...Im going to try to actually post to my food blog this year:)
Hopefully, I'll get a good number of favorite recipes on there for us both (you and me) to enjoy.
I started with a post on meal planning...something that took me a good many years to make a habit. If you visit, I'd be honored!
www.extendingthetable.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Ruth@GraceLaced said...

I did visit your food blog...and chuckled when I realized how on the same page we were. I seriously was saying the same things last week....wanna meal plan, post recipes, start a food blog. ha. And, I also really like your cast iron pot--is that the one from Costco? They had one like that there that I almost bought, three times. love. sigh.

Jen said...

It is the one from Costco Ruth! My brother gave it to me for Christmas and I cant wait to make some stew in it! Thanks for visiting girl!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

Looking forward to your future food blogging... I make your applewood chicken sausage and boursin cheese pasta all the time as a quick n easy dinner now. Also, ever since visiting Thanksgiving i have been buying fresh cranberries at the store. Have a bunch in the freezer :D I never knew I loved real cranberries! Kinda crazy. ANyWAy... Your blog is looking good friend! Hugs to you all :)

Abby said...

Hopped over here from Gracelaced... Beautiful blog, and what a gorgeous family you have! I was born and raised in the Midwest, so it's fun to see that connection in your blog. And your food blog--love it. Blessings to you in this new year!