This month has been hard. It started with a long bought of insomnia, followed by me getting a bad chest cold, followed by Elliott having the stomach bug from you-know-where. (Nine long days that nasty bug stayed around!) The stomach bug was coupled with E's first molar coming in...poor guy. I THOUGHT I was tired after the week of insomnia, but I had no way of knowing what was coming. Many more sleepless nights holding a crying, vomiting miserable baby, many loads of sheets, many very gross diapers, a lot of disinfecting...you get the picture.
So we're recovering from all of this craziness. I started to dismiss the past month as one I would be happy to forget, but as I reflected on all that happened, I realized it had been redeeming itself all along.
Here's why:
1. We welcomed Li into our house (he probably wanted out as soon as the sickness began to show itself!) He's from China and studying here....and he's awesome. We love having him around...
2. Elliott took his first steps solo. I keep trying to get it on film, but havent got lucky yet:)
3. I was able to give a talk about Fertility Awareness (something I love to talk about) at the local MOPS group. It was fun!
4. The leaves started changing and the colors are in full force now....not to mention I hauled out
all the fall decor which makes me happy. Its the best season.
5. In my exhaustion (more like delirium) I was able to be cared for by really awesome friends. This one is huge. Its hard living in a town without family, especially when you're down-and-out and you need HELP! And Im really bad at asking for that help. But the Lord provided the "family" I needed, the encouragement to keep going, the presence and touch of Christ Himself through people I love.

No comments:
Post a Comment