So this monumental time has come.
We're all still adjusting......
We're all still adjusting......
The boy was up at the crack of dawn putting on his uniform and checking his bag to make sure he had everything. I tried not to be offended at his apparent excitement in leaving the nest.
And I really tried not to cry. Its too cliche to cry when you send your kid off to school.
And Im really strong and not emotional at all (right.).
I will admit, there was a brief breakdown, but I can blame my daughter for it.....as soon as she saw her brother marching with his class she burst into tears. It was so sweet. I gathered her up, reminded her that he would be home and driving her nuts in just a few hours. (He's only doing a half day!) But on and off all morning she would quietly sob, saying that she missed Jonas.
For now, Im thankful for this beautiful school called The Oaks Academy.
I cant wait to see the year unfold....
1 comment:
I could just burst into tears reading this! Piper is going from 8-3 everyday and it's killing Nola!
Post a Comment