Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Knit Green! And think FREE!

If you know me well, you know that I am a jack of all trades, master of none. I know how to knit, kind-of. I can make all things square, although I might have to get help in finishing the last row.
I tried making a hat once, but it turned out HUGE and I got discouraged. Im sure one day I'll pick up my needles and try again.

My very crafty neighbor Roxanne (who happens to knit quite well) works for a publishing company. On two occasions she has invited the kids and me to be models for upcoming books! Its fun and we get free stuff, so its a win-win if you ask me.

The first book was Charmed Knits: Projects for fans of Harry Potter

The second book we posed for is called Knit Green: 20 Projects and Ideas for Sustainability
Its a pretty awesome book.

Here's a glimpse...


oh, Luci was still looking like a baby then...sigh...



I have an extra copy of the book and I would love to give it away to one of my knitter friends!
Leave a comment and I'll randomly pick someone to send it to!
(if I dont have your email address, leave that too!)
And if you dont knit, but want to try your hand at it, leave that in the comments...I would never leave you out of the fun!

10 comments:

caryschwartz said...

You know me and my LOVE of knitting!!! I'm not begging you to give it to me, but I sure would LOVE a copy of that! I have been looking for some fun, new and sustainable things to knit. Just sayin'....
xoxo!

Cary Schwartzenegger

caryschwartz said...

I'm thinking I might up my chances if I am a) the first person to respond and b) the person who comments the most frequently. Just sayin'... :)
I'm a dork!

Carissa said...

I just started knitting again... hmm... cute pictures, too!

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

I'll throw my name in...I just finished a doll hat for Becca's doll tonight, so I'm in the knitting mood. Just have to knit one for Ally's doll too.

Cute pictures...your family is so photogenic, Jen.

Marc and Allison said...

About the most I can knit are scarves. And everyone in my family has one. After that, um....not so much. Just thought I would throw my name in, too! =)

Beth said...

Great photos, Jen! I was just re-inspired to get back into knitting when I learned continental at MOPS last week. Now all I need are some new knit patterns ;) Lucy has outgrown all her hats so and I better get busy!

T said...

I don't want to win the book, so don't put me in the drawing (sadly, I know I won't use it...), but I do want to say that you and your kids look adorable in that book!!

designHER Momma said...

heck yes I would love a copy. If you've seen my last post (looked at the picture) you know I need help in the year department.

Kone said...

please do NOT send me a knitting book. Tyra Banks should be calling soon for ANTM. Love you!