Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Shining happy people

Posted by Picasa
are not here today.

I've been accused of sugar-coating life here in the bungalow. Pictures of my kids happy, bathed, enjoying life. Is it really that easy? Ha. Those who know me well arent tempted even for a moment to think that:) Today, like many, we are grumpy, our hair is disheveled, and we all cant wait for daddy to get home. Life isnt always shiny and happy, but I sure dont take pictures during the lousey days, nor do I want to remember them when Im fifty to tell you the truth.

Being a mom is hard, humbling work. And many days, Im horrible at it.

I guess blogging about the good moments helps me stay focused- to look past the snotty noses, tantrums, spilling, lying, time-outs, messiness.......and remember that I am doing a noble kind of work. Even if I feel poor at it. I dont really have what it takes, but thankfully, I know the One who can give me, and does give me the grace to keep going. Im trusting that He can do a good work in my kids using their broken vessel of a mother.

Who happens to smell like rotten milk.

(The above picture cracks me up. Our friend David took the picture of Jonas, but somehow Elliotts feet ended up in it!)



1 comment: