I've been thinking about this idea for a food blog since watching the recent Julie and Julia movie. While I have a new appreciation for Julia Child, I have no desire to make all of her recipes:)
But I would like to have a central place where I can start to document some of the fun I have in the kitchen (and at the table!). I've tried to organize my recipes so many times, but they remain falling out of cookbooks, and links stored randomly on the computer. Im always hunting to find that one recipe for roasted cauliflower or my favorite banana bread, not remembering which one I had liked the most. So, this blog will help me remember, organize, share. I also hope it is interactive, since I have so many incredible cooking friends. Im sure topics on nutrition will pop up from time to time, or even pictures of this weeks table centerpiece, or a discussion on how Im trying to whittle down our food budget, or a friend's favorite marinade for salmon.
Things like that.
My friend Meegan gently cautioned me when I told her about my idea,
"Sounds great, except that you dont have time!"
She's partly right. Im behind on our family blog here as it is. Im not going to add recipes once a day or put any pressure on myself to do a post on a schedule. But as I do find time, I hope to add recipes and thoughts about eating well. And, to share the love of food and community with you!
Ok, here's the link. Its just a start:)
www.extendingthetable.blogspot.com
I'll explain the title later...enjoy!
But I would like to have a central place where I can start to document some of the fun I have in the kitchen (and at the table!). I've tried to organize my recipes so many times, but they remain falling out of cookbooks, and links stored randomly on the computer. Im always hunting to find that one recipe for roasted cauliflower or my favorite banana bread, not remembering which one I had liked the most. So, this blog will help me remember, organize, share. I also hope it is interactive, since I have so many incredible cooking friends. Im sure topics on nutrition will pop up from time to time, or even pictures of this weeks table centerpiece, or a discussion on how Im trying to whittle down our food budget, or a friend's favorite marinade for salmon.
Things like that.
My friend Meegan gently cautioned me when I told her about my idea,
"Sounds great, except that you dont have time!"
She's partly right. Im behind on our family blog here as it is. Im not going to add recipes once a day or put any pressure on myself to do a post on a schedule. But as I do find time, I hope to add recipes and thoughts about eating well. And, to share the love of food and community with you!
Ok, here's the link. Its just a start:)
www.extendingthetable.blogspot.com
I'll explain the title later...enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment