
The Indiana State Fair is a cultural phenomenon around here. Everyone goes. And then everyone compares how hot is was when they went and what type of fried good they consumed. This year chocolate covered bacon on a stick was on the menu.
Just the thought of that made me cringe and my stomach twitch.
I went for the roasted corn on a stick, thank you.

Luci was all smiles, despite the heat. My little sun beauty.

G and G Rader NEVER miss the State Fair. Above Grandma is enjoying the "taco in a bag"
and her granddaughter...of course.

Grandapa and Jonas taking a respite from the heat under a tent.

I watched poor Meg the dairy cow give birth to her third in front of a huge crowd.
(The only thing worse than labor would be doing it by yourself with onlookers.)
Watching was a vivid reminder that I too shall soon be lurching with the pain
of bringing my third into the world.
Oh boy.
4 comments:
I am totally eating that bacon tomorrow.
and the cow birth? I am so jealous!
I LOVE the Indiana State Fair. We used to bike down the Monon from our house to go for the day. Such fun. I'm thinking of you as you approach the day to meet your new little one!
I don't know what is wrong with you. Chocolate covered bacon sounds like nothing less than a food miracle.
I am with you on the total cow empathy. Poor Meg.
Post a Comment