Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Daze

I've been complaining relentlessly for months that Indiana can't deliver when it
comes to winter. All we had was soggy, wet, dreary weather with no snow.
But last week, Indiana gave me my wish. It dumped over 12 inches at once.
It was glorious.
The city completely shut down due to our lack of plows, and
everyone freaked out. The Rader family put our snowpants
on and walked in the streets less than a mile to our neighborhood
sledding hill. It really is just a hill, but we had fun!

We also took Jonas ice-skating for the first time, which he loved.
I had quite a time keeping both of us up on our feet since I hadnt
been in so long! By the time we left, he was starting to get
the hang of it....
Over the weekend the snow started to melt, and I was sure our little
treat of white was over. But today it got cold and snowed another 2 inches or so.
I tell the kids we're snowed in and we're having an indoor adventure today.
What better excuse to stay in jammies too long and watch movies!
Thank you Indiana. I won't complain about you again.
Not today at least:)

No comments: