Sunday, November 2, 2008

Soup Night!


Saturday evening we hosted our first SOUP NIGHT party, inspired by the tradition my friend Tegan started years ago. I made two heaping pots of soup, and friends and neighbors brought all sorts of yummy treats to accompany it. Thanks to the beautiful indian summer weather (60 degrees!), the gala poured over into our little backyard which AJ and I had worked hard to transform with lights, candles, music, and a fire-pit. We used bales of straw for seating along with our old couch which we had been storing in the garage.


Stringed lanterns

Thrifted mugs for soup

Fire-pit borrowed from neighbors

Antique washing machine (which came with the house) held drinks


It was a fun evening, a great tribute to fall and good food and friends. I did remember though how difficult I find it to host something so big AND actually have meaningful conversations with people I love. Perhaps I'll get better at that in years to come.
And perhaps next time I'll remember to take more pictures too.

2 comments:

tegan said...

Yeah!!! It looked great! I'm jealous. I do not yet feel inspired to host one of these in the south yet.

Kone said...

You are SUCH a Martha!
You disgust me.