Saturday afternoon we decided to put off chores around the house a bit longer. The weather was so perfect we thought a long bike ride would top off the day. We packed up after naps and headed to a northern neighborhood (Broadripple) for dinner. It was 23 miles round trip and I pulled the kids both ways. AJ offered, but I couldnt handle his bike seat:) After a lovely dinner outside at the Broadripple Brewpub, we got back on the bikes for our hour trip home. We didnt make it home before dark, which was a bit scary for me....riding along city streets at night. Not a good idea. And my leg muscles were shaking by the time we pulled onto Lesley Ave. But it was a fun experience nonetheless, and the workout was a good one!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Bushel and a Peck
Oh how I love fall. I love everything about it. October especially. On Saturday, we celebrated fall's arrival by journeying south to Apple Works family Orchard. It was a great place. A picturesque setting and lots for the kids to do. Farm animals, a little train, a huge slide, a pond, a hay tower and ride, and of course, apples, cider, and doughnuts. We had a great time (until Jonas had a meltdown/tantrum in the parking lot and we had to leave. But Im trying to block that part out.)

We came home with a peck of apples, so Im sure I'll be baking this week. I might even make a bit of applesauce, but Im not sure Im up to canning it.
Saturday afternoon we decided to put off chores around the house a bit longer. The weather was so perfect we thought a long bike ride would top off the day. We packed up after naps and headed to a northern neighborhood (Broadripple) for dinner. It was 23 miles round trip and I pulled the kids both ways. AJ offered, but I couldnt handle his bike seat:) After a lovely dinner outside at the Broadripple Brewpub, we got back on the bikes for our hour trip home. We didnt make it home before dark, which was a bit scary for me....riding along city streets at night. Not a good idea. And my leg muscles were shaking by the time we pulled onto Lesley Ave. But it was a fun experience nonetheless, and the workout was a good one!
Saturday afternoon we decided to put off chores around the house a bit longer. The weather was so perfect we thought a long bike ride would top off the day. We packed up after naps and headed to a northern neighborhood (Broadripple) for dinner. It was 23 miles round trip and I pulled the kids both ways. AJ offered, but I couldnt handle his bike seat:) After a lovely dinner outside at the Broadripple Brewpub, we got back on the bikes for our hour trip home. We didnt make it home before dark, which was a bit scary for me....riding along city streets at night. Not a good idea. And my leg muscles were shaking by the time we pulled onto Lesley Ave. But it was a fun experience nonetheless, and the workout was a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there - cute fall pics, love it. Remember that homemade applesauce is perfect for freezing... way easier than canning.
Post a Comment