Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Returning to Lake Louise

Last week we drove to northern Michigan to join my family (Anglin side) at family camp. There are very few places as special to me as Lake Louise. Its the one place that seems unchanged, and that has been a wonderful place to return to for so many years since I was a young child. Not to mention the place my grandparents and mom also enjoyed for years.

We stayed at camp for several days and enjoyed catching up with my extended family and young brothers and sisters who I dont often see. The kids LOVED every minute and Jonas was completely overwhelmed by the number of choices for entertainment and fun: basketball, pool table, ping-pong, beach, kayaks, volleyball, campfire and more. It wasnt easy getting him to take naps and to go to sleep at night, he didnt want to miss anything! But it was a treat to see him savoring a place I love so much. Luci spent her time mastering walking on the woodchips and meeting all her "aunts" and "uncles".

I was shocked to reunite with a couple of guys who are 19 and 21 who I baby-sat as a teenager. I couldnt believe how much they looked the same, or that I was old enough to have baby-sat them...so fun to catch up! We met new friends too. The teacher for the week was a pastor from Brazil who is now church planting in Milwaukee. We had a lot in common with Eneyas and his wife Denise and look forward to keeping in touch with them. Eneyas taught on the 10 commandments and gave new insight into the profound significance they have for us today.














Luci and Tirzah getting to know each other!








Jonas and Tucker dueling it out with a ping-pong match!

No comments: