We're in our last month of winter, but Ive given up the hopes of a week with beautiful snow covering everything. I am thankful for a few moments to enjoy it though. Saturday morning I woke to a few inches and very cold temps. I resisted the urge to stay under my down comforter and laced up my running shoes for the Holiday Park trail run on the north side. Initially it was miserable, the wind whipping and burning my ears. But as soon as I started running through the woods, over logs and snow covered trails I really had fun. It reminded me of my days at Michigan State, and running in norther Michigan during the summers.
On Sunday we took a family walk and Jonas and I hunted for signs of spring. I told him to look for green. (He still doesnt have a clue about colors, no matter how hard I try. He just doesnt care.)Anyway, we found one lonely and beautiful crocus poking up out of a patch of snow and dirt. A glimpse of hope for a new season. Thank God, Im ready.
2 comments:
I'm so with you on these indiana winters! Bring on Spring....yesterday was pretty nice in my book. And I didn't know you run.....I am in awe...
my first winter here was snow, lots of it, all winter. But thats not the usual. I wish it would make up ts mind too, warm or cold.
Post a Comment