Ok, its only December 4th and today I gave Jonas one of his Christmas gifts. I just couldn't wait.
The kids and I haven't really gone anywhere for several days since none of us are feeling too well. Im starting to get cabin fever and Ive run out of fun activities to do with Mr. Energy. We've crafted, played every indoor ball game possible, had several dance parties, baked, and read lots of books. Today I was just tempted to let him just sit and watch t.v. for hours. So instead, Christmas present. It wasnt pre-meditated at all. I was sitting on the floor while he ran circles around Luci and I and all of a sudden I said, "Hey Jonas, want a present?" The running stopped and I had his full attention.
So I gave him a small gift that AJ has secretly been playing with since I bought it. Its a building system called, ZOOB http://www.infinitoy.com/zoob/whatiszoob.shtml
The woman who owns Mass Ave Toys (where I bought most of my kid gifts) pointed me to it after I described Jonas to her. She asked what he generally likes to play with. I told her that other than balls, he doesnt really like toys. But he does like taking apart the flashlight! She knew exactly what he needed. It wasnt until after I got home that I noticed it was for ages 6-99. I think its a toy that will grow with him. And like I said, his daddy is enjoying it quite a bit. I guess they were inspired by DNA, which is perfect for the son of a biophysicist...
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun toy.
I still haven't been to Mass Ave toy store yet, but I hear good things about it.
Post a Comment