We walked to a few neighbors houses early in the evening and gave Jonas his first taste of Halloween. Initially, he was just plain baffled by the concept of people putting candy in a bucket for him (it is a strange tradition). But like most kids, he quickly caught on to the rhythm of it and enjoyed every minute. We hit about 10 houses on our block before retiring to our porch to enjoy watching the multitudes of kids roam the neighborhood. There are lots of things I dont like about Halloween, but I do love people being out together, talking and enjoying their kids and each other, even if it is a strange reason for doing so.
There was one house I tried to distract Jonas from, but it didnt work. The man handing out candy wore a horribly scary mask. As we passed by he acknowledged my carrot and wavied for Jonas to come and get his candy. Jonas just stood and stared, wide-eyed, frozen. I quickly explained that the man was just pretending to be someone else and asked the man to take his mask off please. He did, but Jonas was still a bit unsure. I took the candy and we moved on. Im hoping there are no nightmares tonight!
I posted more pictures in the web album...

No comments:
Post a Comment