Saturday, August 25, 2007

TGIF

We said good-bye to Gramie Estle this morning after having her with us all week. It was hard to let her go, but we know that Grampie misses her:) It was a great week of memory-making and we are grateful. I'll post some pictures of the week later when I download them...

Having Becky around not only gave the kids a chance to bond with their grandma, it gave AJ and I a chance to get away a few times too. Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a few hours at the Aveda Institute up at Castleton. I've been a few times and love to tell others about it. Spa-like treatment on a Fantastic Sams budget! You can get a haircut, mini massage, and mini facial for a mere $15!!! Yes its a student you have to deal with, but for $15, it cant be beat, especially if you arent too particular about your hair (and I am not). I will mention that all of my haircuts have been great, although they do take awhile. It was a treat!

AJ and I also took a little date last night and finally visited an Ethiopian Restaurant up on the northwest side that we have been wanted to try for some time. Its called, Abyssinia (www.abyssiniarestaurant.com). We really liked it. Great service and ambiance. The lamb dish was a little overcooked, but I think I was extra sensitive about the chewiness since I dont often eat meat. AJ said it was overcooked anyway. We have eaten Ethiopian food before a few times, and thought the food here had great flavor and the menu had a great variety of things to chose from. They even have Ethiopian beer and wine, which we also tried. They import a typical honey wine. Its a bit sweet for me, but I had a glass anyway. I cant remember the name of the beer, but AJ liked it ok and the bottle was especially cool.

Anyway, thanks again Gramie for giving us a night out...we had a great time!

No comments: